Thursday, January 29, 2015

update on levi

What a week :) Well I have had many sweet friends asking about Levi, and I a sitting here having a moment to reflect on the series of events that went on this weekend, that are now for the most part..gone! The doctors and us decided to hold off of the final test which involved medication because the symptoms basically stopped Monday. The factors we are still checking will be the frequent gagging,the occasional headaches,occasional neck pain,and a change in gait this summer...so Mri is scheduled on March 3rd to still check his spinal cord for tethering..so that is still a concern..but the emergency of the shunt seems to be not a concern..

 Its puzzling to me, but I was thinking this morning, do I believe that prayers work? Am I quick to just say, "huh, guess it wasn't anything after all.."  the things I know are although it could have been a flu..it seemed to mimic the exact situation that happened last shunt malfunction and got more aggressive and frequent issues..I also know that in the past,Neuro is not quick to see us,and try to rule out many things before we make the trip ...so I was surprised by how quickly she was concerned . But here we are today and Levi is doing fantastically. He went back to school Tuesday and has been doing great this week!

So we are left with the question of the mystery...but I thank God for healing Levi of whatever was going on last week,renewing his strength, and many many people praying for him.


No comments: