Monday, June 9, 2014

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is our big urology test at Riley. I dont know why I am thinking about this so much, but it has been on my mind so much in preparation for this day...Its the first big deal thing in a really long time where we will probably have to make some decisions on what the next steps are.

 Things have been so healthy for Levi,and we are having the test mostly because things have been doing so well that we may be candidates for some procedures to help him be fully continent that are not usually offered to most children with spina bifida. At the same time, the test will determine it all...good and bad.. Levi is a few years young still for them to do anything about his continence, but I am pushing for it sooner than later because it is just very aware of himself and his struggles already at 3 years old..I figure if I get the ball rolling we will hopefully be continent this year. (which is huggggge!!!) I also want to be realistic that it may be important to wait a little while longer, or that things aren't going as well as I had hoped...all possibilities.
Just praying for wisdom for the doctors and for us parents.

Although walking seems like a hard part of Levi's life, the continence issue is pretty up there as a big deal to me....Please keep this in your prayers if you think about it!!

Thank you!

No comments: